Saturday, May 31, 2014

Herbarium and Plant Description

I was chatting with Rob's Elise and wanted to show her this. I think I might have posted this before, but sometimes it's fun to read again.
Tony bought me this beautiful framed art for me from 1913. It is a niece named Violet and I hope someday it can be a treasure for her.


My intention is to have one for each of my nieces. Sent me on a treasure hunt. This artwork had me looking for other pages. I found a book via eBay full additional plants. These include:

* crawfoot - silver leaf
* poppy
* fumetory - dutchmans breeches
* crawfoot - anemony
* purslane - spring beauty
* violet
* lily - dogtooth violet
* trillian - wake robin
* arum - indian turnip
* violet - downy yellow violet
* capanular - bell flower
* primrose - american cowslip
* geranium
* crawsfoot - columbine

On a practical note: The project book I bought was for Mac Petersen at Sheridan High School in 1905. They received 96%. Makes me wonder what would have been required for 100%...

No comments:

Post a Comment