Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Letters for Joe

My Missionary.
I can't believe I am old enough to have a son on a mission. My Joey, Elder Joseph John Calcote, who I now address as Elder Joe (EJ for short), is in Atlanta Georgia serving the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (LDS or Mormons). He will be there until October 2011 and he is doing incredibly well.
I created a profile for Joe on www.DearElder.com/ElderJCalcote (working link on the right), and I am including this on my blog because missionaries need mail! If you go to this site and pick send a letter, you can type him a message on line and DearElder.com will mail it for you, and charge it to my account. This way you don't have to worry about envelopes, addresses, stamps, or catching the mail-person. I invite everyone to send him a message from time to time so he can get lots of support.
Thanks for your help on this endeavor. I call it my "Letters for Joe" project.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea and great company to offer this type of needed service. Thanks for setting this up for all of us!

    ReplyDelete