Monday, July 11, 2011

Blog - a contraction of the term "web log"

So why am I blogging? What am I up to? This started as lists in a steno pad, which is my current notebook of choice. Then I realized that I enjoy writing and it makes a difference to sort out the thoughts in my head by getting them down on paper. But in this day and age, down on paper means recording on the internet and sharing with others.

Do I consider this a journal of sorts? Not really. I view this writing as my own stubborn methodology of getting my life to work. Because right now listening to the voices in my head doesn't work. So if this can be an outlet and can assist me to manage my boredom and my apathy, then more power to me.

I don't petition followers but I do want the people who love me to have a chance to hear what is going on in my life. My observations and relationship to food. My pet peeves and how I react. Things I love and dreams I have. My commitment to conquer paper clutter in my life. My love for my friends and how we each impact each other's lives. The comedy of breakdowns and breakthroughs. The Life in my life.

This came out of my goal to scrapbook my autobiography, which started as an exercise in The Wisdom Course with Landmark Education. As a scrapbook instructor, I love to see the breakthroughs and confidence of my students. I am committed to Preserving Memories and Creating Legacies and one expression of this includes Me! You could say this blog is a bold experiment to then be able to make a difference for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment