Friday, July 15, 2011

Home Ownership. [sigh]

Last year, 2010, was a year of home improvements. I completed numerous projects that I am very pleased with. Built food storage under our stairs complete with a light and a switch. Redid the decor in our master bathroom. Painted the kitchen a happy yellow. Repainted the jack and jill bath a nice soft blue color. Painted Alexis' room a pretty lavender. Replaced all the toilets with dual flush high efficiency ones. Put new tile in all the bathrooms. It was a good year for home stuff. The nice thing about improvements is they are by choice and on my own timeline.

Now I believe we are jinxed in 2011. Our AC has gone out for the 3rd time. The natural gas line to heat the pool in the winter rusted clean through. I really should post a picture, it was quite alarming. We are planning to fix it ourself but aren't sure how to get the black pipe replaced in the middle of the line. Now that I write this, it seems that those two issues are not so bad. The pool itself is going to need attention sometime, but hopefully not this year.

And our heat! I promised not to complain because the winters are so mild in Texas compared to Utah. I just checked. DFW is at 13 days and counting of triple digits, over 100. Today is supposed to be 104 with a heat index of 110. I finished mowing the lawn, while it was a balmy 95 degrees, after getting more gasoline. Talk about drenched in sweat! The poor flowerbeds are screaming for attention, but not today. Maybe tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. And yet, my AC is working, so I have nothing to complain about! I'd love to see a photo, by the way, of the pool. Love you!

    ReplyDelete